Monday, August 13, 2012

In the Trees


When I was growing up we used to hang out quite often in the tree in our front yard. We built blanket forts and hauled up picnics, or played with our American Girl dolls (they were always running away to the woods to have adventures). Sometimes we just sat in the branches, impractical as it was, and made a pretense of doing homework. I always thought it would be fun to have a treehouse, which of course would then have paper lanterns. And really what good is illustration, if not for painting up places you wish existed?

5 comments:

Alysha and Jason said...

You are amazingly talented.

madison said...

Um, my very thoughts exactly!! I just did my own dream treehouse as an interior assignment, too!! I LOVE your colors!! SO AWESOME!!! You are most definitely a really and truly, with all the bells and whistles, colorist!! And what on earth would we do if we weren't always drawing and painting the 'if only...''s in our heads!! I love this!!

Anonymous said...

I like it:) Love the lamp.

Katie Bevan said...

I love the lighting and the little game of MASH.

Petra said...

this is a lovely and warm illustration!