Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Updated



I did this paint-over of an old piece- the result of compiling a new portfolio and realizing how very out of date everything from the old one is. This would probably be quite different if I'd started from scratch, but it was a fun excercise. I think I've improved over the last year and a half. Though I'm still often overwhelmed by how I wish I could be better. Am trying to be better.


Also, since I haven't mentioned it on this blog, I'm moving to New York July 1st! Hooray!! I'm terribly excited. It'll be an adventure.

6 comments:

Jeff Call said...

Hey that's where I am! What for?!

Simini said...

Cool! I'm just going because I can really. I've always wanted to live out there, and hopefully I'll be able to get more illustration work out there.

Mark Robison said...

Good for you, Simini. Send pics!

K Cummings said...

Very exciting! Good luck with the move. Come visit DC some time :)

Fred said...

The only 'terribly' you are....is "TERRIBLY TALENTED." Wow, I am so proud of you and your work and illustrations are amazing. Watch out NEW YORK....Watch out WORLD for your amazing talent. We love you and can't wait to see what's next......

Unknown said...

Simini, I can't wait to see your illustrations about your new life in New York! Hope you are settling in well :)