Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Estefan!

We've started work on the new BYU Animation short film! It takes place in a salon in Spain. And I think that's all I'm going to tell you about it. But be ready for awesomeness, come 2012.

Some of my concept sketches for the main character:





This weekend my friend, Jake Wyatt, comic artist extraordinaire, was kind enough to teach me how to use photoshop brushes more effectively. It was a revelation. Turns out, painting in Photoshop does not have to be a headache producing ordeal. These were actually quite fun. So, thanks Jake.

6 comments:

madison said...

oh, WOW!! SIMINI!! these are AWESOME!! they look absolutely professional!! :D way to go!!
love,
madi

Will Strong said...

Estefan! Guapisimo.

Ezra Lau said...

cooool! maybe you should post a painting tutorial demonstrating your powerful new technique!

Chris Hayes said...

these are really fun simini, I can feel your style coming through on the design from sam. Very cool

JAKE WYATT said...

DEWD! I never did anything this cool with those brushes. His smirk and pants were made for each other.

Darla said...

He looks just like a flamenco dancer I saw in Spain! You've caught that skinny, passionate spaniard perfectly.